Friday, February 18, 2011

Church Aniversary Quotes

GOODBYE MASTER

The sudden death of Santi Santamaria has left me quite concerned. Who pass by this blog regularly know that was my favorite cook, those who know me a little more also know that I have read all their publications, I have always closely followed his work, I admired his passion for cuisine, honestly, the way they engage in what he believed right and how he faced the harsh attacks (most taken out of context) that was subjected to acid and following its controversial statements. Perhaps in the way he was foolish, but if they had a lot of truth in his words back when both upset. In any case, Santi Santamaria's death at 53 years too soon, is an irreparable loss. Today I would like to highlight the impeccable record of this prima donna of the food or the kitchen GENIUS, which has cost many would recognize, some are doing, if somewhat late, "included some cooking blogs one day and put it back average. It seems a shame to see so much hypocrisy ...


For network infinity of videos circulating around this contentious mess a couple of years ago and very few changes, highlighting their work. It has cost me enough to find something beautiful where you can see him working. The two I put here are foreigners, maybe is that outside of our borders is valued more ... (?) What a shame!



Santamaria used to say 'haute cuisine should excite rather than to feed the guests. " True, the dishes I was thrilled. I was lucky to check last December dinner at Can Fabes, surprise gift from my love.

supposed to be on, the kitchen of his restaurant will not be the same without him. It is not known if his family or his team will continue the business. I hope so.
Here are some delights dinner at his restaurant, like goat milk curd and almond scallops with pork jowls, breadsticks with pata negra ham from Extremadura and other petits fours ..


Each of the dishes were cooked and presented in two different ways so that a first and a second of the letter became four. Here the first two dishes: shrimp ravioli with mushrooms ... Llavaneres with king prawns peas ... Mushroom soup with white truffle ... Montseny mushrooms with red shrimp and bacon veil ...

And here the two seconds: goat ribs and trunk of the bug , painted, baked .... Sea and mountains, lobster and sweetbreads fresh pasta ...
Quite a spectacle for the senses.

know that I also did some dishes and I have shown on the blog throughout this time. You can see the full recipe I put the links below:


On April 7, 2009 did their 'Peas with cockles' (I added fresh habitats) See recipe here:




On March 1, 2009 I made a blatant tuning (first photo) from the original recipe "bread, wine and berries with honey ice cream '(second photo) but in this case did not look like mine nothing. I did not dare with ice cream or with bread. I saw it too difficult. See recipe here.


The June 4, 2009 published the "fried eggs with peas and sobrasada '. See recipe here.


On 7 February 2011, just recently, his recipe for 'clam chowder with trumpets of death and ganxet Jewish. " See recipe here.


The July 11, 2010 did his "potato salad with pork rinds." See recipe here.


On August 10, 2010 this delightful 'coca escalivada' See recipe here.


The June 6, 2010 did his "cold Irish coffee 'with gelatin. See recipe here.


The January 6, 2011, to launch the year I did this' salad of shrimp with pineapple. " See recipe here.

And more recipes that continue to do in his honor.

A toast to him, please.

Gràcies Santi Santamaria. Adeu quarter. Bon Viatge!






BAD REPUTATION (Georges Brassens by Paco Ibáñez)

0 comments:

Post a Comment